Residential Architectural Designer Apply Now
We are looking for a confident, motivated and sparky individual who is passionate about home design to join our team. The specific tasks that we envisage are outlined below however we are a dynamic business and so the role may evolve over time.
We are a small, fast growing and innovative company that has big ambitions and has been featured numerous times on national TV and in the press. What is Peek Home? Peek Home provides online sketch designs for home extensions. We believe that being able to visualise your dream home should be a simple and approachable process that works in the real world to provide achievable and inspiring design ideas, quickly.
As a small business your work will have a major impact on our brand and you will be an integral member of the team reporting directly to the co-founders Roland and Jaemi. It will be a great opportunity to get experience working within an innovative and fast-growing company where your input will make a noticeable impact.
The role is for full-time hours 9:00-5:30pm Monday - Friday with a 30 minute lunch break every day where we encourage you to step away from your desk and screen for exercise, relaxation or whatever you want to do.
The pay rate is £20,000 - 25,000 pa (dependent on experience) paid monthly in arrears.
The role is remote and so can be work from anywhere as long as the hours stated above are adhered to on UK timezone. In the future there will be occasional team meetings in Newcastle Upon Tyne for which travel expenses will be provided within the UK.
The role is likely to change through time as we are a fast growing and innovation focused startup, but there will always be a focus on home design.
- Designing home extensions and floor plan layouts following our broad set of rules
- Communicating these designs to our wider team using our standard templates for them to draw up in SketchUp
- Quality checking the 3D models received from our team and adding any final flourishes
- Communicating your design to the customer by recording a voiceover video walkthrough of the SketchUp model describing why you have made the design choices that you have
- Preparing existing house plans for approval by our customers
- Monitoring latest trends for home extensions and renovations to include in our offering
- Developing new services and products to offer to our customers
- Training new team members on the Peek Home method of design
- As one of our first employees you will also have the opportunity to shape the direction in which we take the company
Experience working with home extensions / renovations would be preferable, whether professionally or by getting involved on site.
- Strong ability with Trimble SketchUp and Layout
- Confidence in creating voiceover video / screen-recording content
Desired / Helpful:
- Understanding of Permitted Development rules in England and Wales
- Graphic design experience
- Shopify / website creation
We will consider any candidate that has a passion for home design and good experience with SketchUp, however degree level qualifications in these areas would be helpful:
- Interior Design
- Building Surveying
- Graphic Design
- Product Design
For your application to be considered please include a portfolio of your work.